Rist PM, Capistrant BD, Mayeda ER, Liu SY, Glymour MM (United States) - Research Article
826. Physical activity, but not body mass index, predicts less disability before and after stroke
Discover how physical activity predicts independence in activities of daily living following a stroke in the Health and Retirement Study.
Sheri R. Colberg, Ronald J. Sigal, Jane E. Yardley, Michael C. Riddell, David W. Dunstan, Paddy C. Dempsey, Edward S. Horton, Kristin Castorino and Deborah F. Tate (United States) - Research Article
811. Physical Activity/Exercise and Diabetes: A Position Statement of the American Diabetes Association
Read about the multi-component, up to date physical activity prescription for all forms of diabetes.
Santos-Lozano A, Pareja-Galeano H, Sanchis-Gomar F, Quindós-Rubial M, Fiuza-Luces C, Cristi-Montero C, Emanuele E, Garatachea N, Lucia A (Spain) - Research Article
803. Physical Activity and Alzheimer Disease: A Protective Association
Discover how physical activity can protect against Alzheimer disease.
Franklin C. Barcellos, Iná S. Santos, Daniel Umpierre, Maristela Bohlke, and Pedro C. Hallal (Brazil) - Research Article
748. Effects of exercise in the whole spectrum of chronic kidney disease: a systematic review
Discover how physical activity can benefit chronic kidney disease patients.
Clara K. Chow, Julie Redfern, Graham S. Hillis, Jay Thakkar, Karla Santo, Maree L. Hackett, Stephen Jan, Nicholas Graves, Laura de Keizer, Tony Barry, Severine Bompoint, Sandrine Stepien, Robyn Whittaker, Anthony Rodgers, Aravinda Thiagalingam (Australia) - Research Article
735. Effect of Lifestyle-Focused Text Messaging on Risk Factor Modification in Patients With Coronary Heart Disease A Randomized Clinical Trial
See if text messages can have a positive effect on improving multiple risk factors for cardiovascular disease in results from this new randomised clinical trial.
Jose Francisco Meneses-Echávez, Jorge Enrique Correa-Bautista, Emilio González-Jiménez, Jacqueline Schmidt-Río Valle, Robinson Ramírez-Vélez. (Colombia) - Research Article
703. Efectividad del ejercicio físico en la fatiga de pacientes con cáncer durante el tratamiento activo: revisión sistemática y metaanálisis
Take a look at this systematic review and meta-analysis examining the effectiveness of physical exercise on fatigue in cancer patients during active treatment.
Susan G. Lakoski, Benjamin L. Willis, Carolyn E. Barlow, David Leonard, Ang Gao, Nina B. Radford, Stephen W. Farrell, Pamela S. Douglas, Jarett D. Berry,Laura F. DeFina, Lee W. Jones (United States) - Research Article
702. Midlife Cardiorespiratory Fitness, Incident Cancer, and Survival After Cancer in Men The Cooper Center Longitudinal Study
Discover the effects of physical activity on the risk of developing various types of cancer.
Snehal M. Pinto Pereira, Marie-Claude Geoffroy, Christine Power (United Kingdom) - Research Article
659. Depressive Symptoms and Physical Activity During 3 Decades in Adult Life Bidirectional Associations in a Prospective Cohort Study
Learn about the links between physical activity and depression in this longitudinal study of British adults.
Laura Sánchez Ortega, Carlos Sánchez Juan y Antonio Alfonso García (Spain) - Research Article
622. Valoración de un programa de ejercicio físico estructurado en pacientes con obesidad mórbida pendientes de cirugía bariátrica
Read one of our first Spanish/Espanol commentaries written by researchers from Chile about a physical activity intervention for obese patients in Spain.
Huseyin Naci, John P A Ioannidis (United Kingdom) - Research Article
583. Comparative effectiveness of exercise and drug interventions on mortality outcomes: metaepidemiological study
Take a look at how exercise and drug interventions compare in relation to mortality outcomes.